1. Students are NOT permitted to smoke on any school bus at any time.
This includes all charter trips.
2. Students are NOT permitted to use any profane language. Obscene
gestures, excessive noise, fighting, wrestling, or acts of physical
aggression will not be tolerated.
3. Students MUST keep head, hands, feet, etc. inside the school bus
at all times.
4. Once a student has boarded the bus, he/she may not get off except
at his/her destination.
5. Students may ride only on the bus to which they have been assigned.
6. Students must be seated and are not permitted to change seats when
the bus is in motion, or to annoy other riders on the bus.
7. Students MUST stay in their seat until the student has reached
their designated stop, AND the bus has come to a complete stop. Emergency
doors are for emergencies only.
8. Students need to take a seat promptly when getting on the bus.
9. The law allows and students are expected to sit 3 passengers per
10. Students are NOT permitted to eat food or drink beverages on the
11. Students are NOT permitted to mark up or deface the bus in any
12. Students and their parents will be held responsible for any and
all damage to the bus.
13. Students may NOT throw things in the bus, at the bus, or out of
14. Students must always cross the street in front of the bus.
15. Students must be at their bus stop before the bus arrives. The
driver will not wait at the bus stop for students who are not at the
16. The driver is authorized to assign seats to any student at any
17. Anything that would create a safety hazard for the passengers,
or the vehicle, will not be permitted.
18. The school bus driver is in complete charge of the school bus
and the students must follow the directions given by the driver.
19. Only authorized riders will be permitted on the buses.
20. Students walking on the roadway to a bus stop should always walk
on the left of the roadway on the shoulder of the road facing traffic
and shall not run alongside the bus when it is moving.
21. Where a bus travels both ways on any given road, pick-ups will
be made on both sides of the road. If the bus travels only one way
on a road, pupils will wait on their own side of the road until the
bus comes to a complete stop. At that time, the pupils will cross
in front of the bus while the red flashing lights are blinking.
22. Students crossing the roadway to board a bus shall walk, not run.
23. Students shall not place lunch boxes or other objects in the aisle
of the bus.
24. There will be no liquor or drugs of any kind on the bus.
25. There shall be no throwing of snowballs or other objects at school
buses at any time.
26. No student shall be put off the school bus while traveling to
and from school. Parents shall be notified and the daily trip completed
before the student can be removed from the transportation service.
27. The school bus is an extension of the school, and all school rules
and regulations which pertain to student conduct in the schools are
applicable to student conduct on a school bus.
28. Failure to abide by these rules will mean:
A. A written warning notice will be issued by the school bus driver
to the student and the student's parents with a copy for:
a. The School Bus company;
b. The School Principal;
c. The Assistant Superintendent of Schools.
B. The School Principal will have a conference with the student.
C. The Assistant Superintendent will verify that the parents received
the written warning notice and will seek parent support for student
Further rule violations may mean:
D. A personal conference with the student, parent, School
Principal, and Assistant Superintendent.
E. Suspension from riding the school bus: The Assistant Superintendent
will make the decision to suspend a student from riding on
the school bus (N. H. - R.S.A. 189:9-a) based upon the recommendations
received from the School Bus Driver, School Bus Company, School
Principal, and/or others close to the situation. The suspension
will be for a period of time appropriate for the rule violation
with consideration being given to the circumstances of each
individual student. Suspensions may be for one day, two days,
or up to twenty days. Suspensions beyond twenty days must
be by School Board action.
For severe rule violations:
F. The Assistant Superintendent may immediately suspend a
student from riding on the school bus.
G. Referral to the School Board Discipline Committee:
May be made for recommendations to the full School Board for
extended suspension, or expulsion from riding on the school
H. Referral to the School Board:
Referrals to the full School Board shall come through the
School Board Discipline Committee and may be made for action
on recommendations of extended suspension, or expulsion from
riding on the school bus.