Inquiries of complaints regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the office of Superintendent of Schools. Grievances will be processed as follows:
1. Any complaint from or on behalf of any person employed or served by the schools shall be submitted in writing to the office of the Superintendent of Schools, hereafter referred to as "the designated employee." The designated employee shall, without delay, forward it to the person immediately responsible, i.e., department head, coach, supervisor, etc.
2. The immediately responsible person will investigate the complaint and report his/her findings and recommended remediation in writing to the grievant within five (5) school days. A copy of the report shall be sent to the designated employee who will maintain a file on all grievances.
3. If the grievance has not been remedied to the satisfaction of the grievant, he/she may then submit the complaint, with all previous communications attached to the following parties, in the order given. Each party will have the time indicated in which to investigate and report its findings and recommended remediation.
a. Responsible Building Principal (5 schools days)
b. Superintendent of Schools (10 school days)
c. Personnel Committee (10 school days)
4. If the grievant is not satisfied with the
results of hearings at the local level, he/she may appeal to the New
Hampshire State Department of Education,
5. If all else fails, the grievant may appeal to the Federal Office for Civil Rights, Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, D.C. 20201.