POLICY ON RECONSIDERATION OF LIBRARY OR CLASSROOM MATERIALS
Persons not in agreement with the school on its selection of books and who wish a particular book to be reviewed must submit to the principal a "Request for Reconsideration of Library or Classroom Materials." The request forms are available at the school office.
The Principal, upon receipt of a "Request for Reconsideration" will acknowledge receipt to the complainant and list anticipated steps to be taken. The Principal will then establish a Book Review Committee, and schedule meetings necessary to review complaint and write report.
The final report will be forwarded to complainant and the Superintendent of Schools. If the complainant is dissatisfied, the next step is to submit his/her request to the Superintendent's decision, the complainant may request a review by the School Board, whose decision will be final.
During the investigation the book will remain in use unless the Book Selection Committee desires to remove or restrict the book until a final decision is made.
Request form for reconsideration of library or classroom material is on the next page.
CITIZEN'S REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION OF LIBRARY OR CLASSROOM MATERIALS
(Please fill in the appropriate blanks)
Title Book Periodical Other
Do you represent: Yourself
Organization (Name )
1. To what in the work do you object? (Please be specific.)
2. Did you read, view or listen to the entire work?
3. What do you feel might be the result of reading, viewing, or listening to this work?
4. For what age group would you recommend this work?
5. What do you believe is the theme of this work?
6. Are you aware of professional reviews of this work?
7. What would you like the school to do about the work?
8. In its place, what work would you recommend that would convey as valuable a picture and perspective of the subject treated?
Signature: _________________________________ Date: _________________________
Additional Comments (use other side if necessary):
Date: April 8, 1993