The School Board recognizes
cooperative activities with outside school-related organizations such as
The Board recognizes an obligation to support these groups and to ensure that District personnel participating in these organizations limit the Districtís liability for collection and disbursement of the organizationís funds.
The following procedures shall be followed by any outside school-related organization.
1. An annual audit will be completed and on file with the Building Principal.
2. Standard accounting practices will be followed.
3. Regular financial statements will be provided to the membership.
4. It is strongly recommended that any checks issued by the organization require two signatures.
5. Deposits of cash should be reviewed and completed by more than one individual.† Procedures should be developed to deposit cash as soon as possible.
6. 50/50 raffles should not be conducted by students.
The Superintendent or designee can waive the requirement for the annual audit for any small outside school-related organization.† The Business Administrator is available to provide any organization information on standard business practices.††