5 Year Strategic Plan
The Rochester School Department is devoted to hiring and retaining effective educators who build positive relationships with students, parents, and other staff members.
- A district coordinated staff recognition program that celebrates employees of the month at the elementary, middle, high, and district levels.
- Teacher and Paraprofessional leadership teams.
- A strong working relationship with the Rochester Federation of Teachers.
- Sustain and continued iteration of the New Teacher Orientation program.
- Sustain teacher mentors for all new teachers.
- Continue personalized professional development for all staff.
- The District will continue to follow the teacher evaluation model that includes: mini-observations for all staff, twice annually evaluations for staff in the first three years in the District, and ongoing review of the SMART goals for all staff. The data from the SMART goals performance will be shared with the Personnel Committee on an annual basis.