5 Year Strategic Plan
Special Services Objectives
Special Services is committed to providing services and support which enable children to access school programs with high levels of success.
(Special Services is comprised of Special Education, Extra-Curricular & Athletics, Attendance, and Student Transportation).
- The District will pursue the least restrictive environment for all special education students based on their IEP and individual special education plans.
- The Superintendent meets quarterly with the Director of Student Services and other staff members as needed to look at all students placed outside of the public schools and consider options for alternative placements.
- The District continues to personalize student clubs and activities recently adding a Robotics Club due to student interest.
- The Athletic Director presents to the committee at the end of each season sharing participation numbers, achievements, and community service projects conducted by each team.
- The District has adopted a universal attendance goal for all students and regularly recognizes students for their accomplishments.
- The Director of Students Services will review placement options on an annual basis students that spend less the 50% of their time in an inclusive classroom environment.
- The Special Services Committee will continue to audit student enrollment numbers and make recommendations related to class sizes and busing.
- The Director of Student Services will present on a quarterly basis to the Special Services Committee.